Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Way [Paul English] Works

Article at Inc.com

It's like hot potato. Except I take it seriously. When the phone rings, I literally jump over the desks just so I can get to the phone before anyone else. I love talking to customers, even angry ones. I learn a lot from them about how to make the site easier to use. When the call's over, I'll say, "If you have any follow-up questions, my name is Paul English; I'm the co-founder of the company." I'll give out my personal cell-phone number. Only one out of 20 people might actually call, but they're blown away when I do that.

I'm not attempting to excerpt-summarize this article - I think the above excerpt gives a flavor of the Paul English's approach. The article is well worth reading in its entirety.

No comments: